Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Firehouse Fun!

A stay at home dad from the Highland Mommies group I am in organized a "field trip" for the little 2 year olds born in the second half of '07. This is a massive group of over 1600 moms and dads that live in our neighborhood. There are so many kids, that now they have divided into sub groups. LT is in the first and second half of '07(I squeezed my way into this group) and Adler is in the second half of '09 group. I don't do much with them because of all the wonderful friends LT met through various other ways, but I do enjoy getting together once in awhile with those kids from the neighborhood who are LT's age. Today we went with that group to the Firehouse that is a few blocks from our house and had an excellent hands on tour of the station. We also invited Joe and Zack (neither live in our neighborhood, but I thought they would enjoy it).
LT watching the fireman put on the full firefighting gear. It took the guy about 10 minutes to put everything on, I am assuming in an emergency situation he could cut that time back a bit!
The fireman showing the kids the full attire.
Joe at Tenn St coffee getting some snacks before heading to the firestation. I took more pictures of Joe today than any other kid (yes, including LT), and I came home with only THREE that show his face. This kid is fast (and my camera is slow).
Joe and Zack watching the fireman demonstrate something.
Isaac came fully prepared with his firefighting hat and firetruck.
Zack and LT driving the truck.

Isaac, Joe, Zack and LT outside the station after the tour.
I love this picture, the two kids gazing at each other, not quite sure what to say or do.

No comments: