Monday, May 25, 2009

The curious incident of the pink flip-flops in the rain

The DVD player that grandma got LT for the AZ trip came in a little box with a handle that he immediately grabbed and carried around like a brief case.

Apparently he decided he was gong to take his new briefcase to work because, in spite of the heavy rain, he headed out the front door with it in tow. After saying his goodbyes at the door...

He was off...
A brief moment of hesitation...

But then he was cruising down the sidewalk in the rain (presumably headed to the bus stop I sometimes take to work?).

I was very occupied taking pictures and laughing at his antics. So when I finally realized he was pretty serious about going somewhere, I didn't have much time to react. I grabbed the only shoes by the door and ran out into the rain after him. Unfortunately for me, those shoes were Kari's little pink flip-flops. I can only imagine the impression the scene left on any neighbors who might have witnessed it.

When I caught up to him a couple houses down the street, he seemed genuinely disappointed that I cut his adventure short.

No comments: