Friday, December 5, 2008

Lost pictures

Landon Tanner Campbell turned 18 months old today. I figured this was as good a time as any to post some pictures I've been meaning to post for several months now.

About a year ago Kari starting contributing to this blog and quickly surpassed me as the more prolific content producer. For me, writing is a tremendously difficult and tedious experience. I spell at a 4th grade level (and that's being generous) and have only a rudimentary grasp of grammar and punctuation. On top of that I harbor some wistful aspirations to be witty and insightful with my writing. All this is to say that it takes me a long time to write even these silly little blog entries. It's not uncommon for Kari to beat me to writing about a particular event or series of pictures. Occasionally I stash away a few pictures so I can wallow in my belabored writing without having the additional worry of her beating me to the punch. Usually this little strategy works for me but sometimes it means some good pictures fall though the cracks.

Anyway, here are a few such pictures to go with the lame explanation of why they are months old...

LT giving a kiss to the stuffed dog at the fire truck exhibit at Children's Museum. Try to think about how cute it is rather than thinking about how many germs must be on the stuffed dog that gets subjected to the snot and drool of hundreds of kids a day.

LT loves dogs and calls them all "baboos" (said slowly and deliberately). We're not exactly sure why but we think it probably some derivation of the various nicknames we have for Hailie and Bowen. It's often his first word when he wakes up, when he sees our dogs or just about any other dog, and he's we've even heard him say it in his sleep.

Looking cool.

Hanging out with Grandma at a block party at uncle Steve and Aunt Mad's house.

Enjoying some of the block party games.


During a different party at Steve and Mad's, LT discovered how fun the ice in the drink bucket can be.

He spent most of the party playing with the ice. Kari took this picture and was very proud that she'd captured 'the wing' - I think we gave the little guy a hair cut not long after this and the wing met its demise.

3 comments:

MC said...

I must say, I always enjoy your witty posts and they do often make me laugh!

Brian said...

Thanks MC!

Unknown said...

The thing is...you ARE witty and insightful in your writing. I find very entertaining!