Thursday, December 4, 2008

Black Beans at Benny's

Brian and I were in Cherry Creek last weekend having coffee with Anna and decided since we were in the hood, we would stop by an old time favorite mexican places on the way home. Before Brian and I lived together, we lived in the same apartment building in two different appartments with different roomates. We had Hailie at the time (or technically, Debbie and I had Hailie). She was/is our first child and was spoiled rotten (and still is). She rarely was left alone (went to one of our parents houses each day for doggie care and the other days either Brian, Debbie or I were home with her). We rarely went out to do anything for fear of leaving our dog, but occasionally we would walk the 3 blocks from our apartment down to Benny's because it was cheap, good and very fast. We wanted LT to share in one of his parents old fond memories.
We didn't order LT anything of his own, but Brian kindly shared some of his chips, refried beans and rice. LT picked at it a bit and ate a little, but not too much. He had never had blackbeans, and honestly (I don't know why), I didn't think he would like them. I put some of mine onto his plate and he gobbled them up. In the picture above, he is signing for more and he continued to do this until unfortunately I ran out. As you can see from his face, he walked out with a face showing he enjoyed his black beans at Benny's!

No comments: