Saturday, November 15, 2008

Cooking Rissoto for the dogs

As I have mentioned before, cooking with LT has become more challenging over the past few months. I am always searching for something new to entertain him. Last night, I was making risotto and got out a pot and spoon for LT to play with. That wasn't enough, he wanted to do exactly what I was doing. I added a little risotto into his pot and voila, life was good for LT again. He watched intently as I stirred and he copied my every move.
I got to the part of adding wine and tried to discretely add it into the risotto, but he wouldn't let me do anything he couldn't. I poured a little water into a cup and he poured that right into his risotto (after taking a sip of it as his mom had done with the wine).

And when boredom had set in again, I added some dry lentils to his concoction. At that point, the dogs couldn't resist his cooking skills and budged right in to eat some. LT was entertained and the dogs were a great clean-up crew.

1 comment:

Shawn Gallego said...

Maybe LT is the new Naked Cheif?!?!