Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sista's

After having Landon last June, I realized how lucky we are that I can stay home, that LT has a loving home with both mom and dad, that he has a financially stable family, great role models and that our extended family is so caring and involved. While teaching, I found so many children who weren't lucky enough to have these basic needs. Although I want to stay home with Landon, I also wanted to be able to give back to some of these children that aren't as lucky. I decided that I would mentor a child through Big Brothers Big Sisters. Infinity and I have been sisters for a few months now and LT has even met her a few times. While I don't have any pictures of them together yet (although she adores LT and is very good with him), I took this picture the other day when I went to her school and brought cake to celebrate her birthday. When I walked in the room, she put both hands up in the air and loudly announced "My sista' is here!" I might not get a "thank you" all the time from her, but this gesture showed me in her own way that my influence might actually be appreciated.


No comments: