Saturday, September 26, 2020

Week 28



I had a meeting this week (in person) and of course it was the one day B didn't have school so I took him to my parents backyard.  My dad sent me this picture of a sand castle he worked on.  
Last Monday was Blane's first day to be the "helping" child at school.  He decided it was important to dress head to toe in Dinosaur attire.
B and my good friends daughter are in the same class.  They played for 1.5 hours after school on these stairs, including building a whole fire pit out of grass.
I didn't take many pictures this week (Landon was sick and I had a lot of appointments and was literally running from place to place with kid events and Dr appointments and other various get togethers, small of course).  We did manage to escape Friday night to the mountains for the weekend where we have had some more much needed down time.  Its so beautiful up here right now with the leaves changing, though it has been eerily windy and you can hear the trees moaning as they bend and crack.
B announced that he wanted to play a game immediately after we got up to the mountains.  We were unloading the car, trying to make dinner and just getting ourselves situated and so all of us said no.  Brian went upstairs and he had set up his "friends" to play a game that is far above his level with.   I love that he can play by himself happily.   For a moment I felt like we deprive him of attention, but that is not at all accurate, he gets a lot of love and time playing and talking with us.
Brian and I went for long trail run this morning and then were trained with Colorado Victory to send texts in hopes of bringing about change in the upcoming election.  With the death of RBG and having finished Mary Trumps book "Too much and Never Enough",  I have been motivated to DO something rather than sit back and hope.  We donated some money and I plan on signing up for 2 shifts/week for texts as well as sending out postcards.  Its a lot right now in the world, so after that call, we took the crew on a much needed hiking adventure.  
Ads got a swiss army knife for his birthday and has been spending a lot of time up here whittling sticks .

Always with his best cheerleader close by.

No comments: