Sunday, October 4, 2020

Week 29- B turns 5!

B turned 5 yesterday!  Because of coronavirus, things looked different this year.  On Monday we took his good friend to get ice cream to celebrate.
And then a few days later, I found a few videos on my phone from Mr. B.  So sweet:

https://youtu.be/yblpQnbXIgs


https://youtu.be/Fd1fXwNbxPw


With the impending election and the current situation in our country, I was feeling a bit anxious (not in an unhealthy way, but with energy ready to do something to try and make a difference).  I started texting and writing postcards in an attempt to change things and make our country better for our kids.
And the glue that was holding Adler's hair which was holding the wound shut, was starting to bother him, so we shaved what we could out, leaving a pretty funny bald spot.

B also had a little birthday celebration after school one day with a friend of his friends in the park.

And the big kids had their last dry lands and swim practice at the Lowry pool on Wednesday last week.  I was admiring how they were all working very hard despite wearing masks in the heat outside while I sat in my air conditioned car reading my book.  I ultimately felt lazy and ended up going for a pretty long walk.
If you have two watch a debate between these two, there is no better place to do it than outside on a big screen while roasting marshmallows. 
We celebrated B's birthday with my brother, his kids and my parents later in the week.  


And B was up bright and early on his birthday ready to open presents as soon as he could.
We surprised him with tickets to a pumpkin festival (which ended up being pretty lame).  He was most excited about the pumpkin "patch", which was just a small field of pumpkins.




 And today was haircut day.  Our wonderful haircutter comes to our yard, and brings her 5 year old daughter with her.  B ran inside, drew this flower, cut it out and handed it to the little girl.  

No comments: