Saturday, June 6, 2020

Week 11

  I thought this May would be less hectic than the typical "normal" end of a school year, but I was wrong.  It was crazy as usual, but different of course. And typical me, I didn't take many photos, but we had a lot going on.  We did spend a lot of time in our pool because it was so hot.



 And I took a masked batman to pick up a curbside order from the Tattered Cover.  We had to stand in a parking spot, text them my name and out came a masked worker who handed us our bag of books.  Different times.
 B's best bud loves tigers.  One morning when Brian and I were working out, he magically drew this amazing tiger!
 B's wonderful teacher hosted each day of the last week of school from a different kids front yard.  We had the last day and it was truly magical.  All the other kids watched from their computer and B and Alicia's daughter ran around the front yard (socially distanced as much as possible).



 And as is our tradition on the last day of school we got ice cream from Cooies with the older kids best buddies.  We all wore masks, walked apart from one another, got ice cream (one person/group in the store and the others waited outside).  They served me (no other customers at the same time in the store either), washed hands, disinfected and then called in one person from the next group.  Again, different times, yet the kids all were happy to see one another.



No comments: