Saturday, July 7, 2018

40th Birthday!

 I had the best birthday this year and the celebrations aren't even over!  It started with a 5:30 AM run with a good friend.  She insisted we went for coffee afterwards (never hard to twist my arm for that one) and I realized she had been running with candles and a lighter in her bra the entire 7 miles.  There is an old actor (maybe 75 year old man) who is always at the coffee shop at 6:30 when we finish our runs, and always drinking a beer.  He sang Happy Birthday to me and all the staff and clients joined in.  I haven't had happy birthday sung or blown out candles in 20 years.  So fun to feel like a kid.

 At night 3 of my friends planned the most incredible evening filled with good food, laughs, drinks and my closest friends (and family).   I am such a lucky person.
 And I got to blow out a candle again.
 Unfortunately we didn't think to take a picture until several people had left, but we did manage to get a few with most of us.


I can't wait for all the fun adventures we have planned for this year, the other 40th birthdays we get to celebrate and this decade in general.  Its such a privilege to get older!





No comments: