Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Chicken Butt

I remember a friend of mine who has 3 boys telling me that the youngest isn't always favored by other first time parents.  She realized after months of him starting school that he was the only kid who hadn't been invited to birthday parties and quickly realized why.  He learned things from his older brothers that other parents weren't too fond of.  She laughed telling me that she doesn't have time anyway to take him to parties with the other two's schedules.  When B was born, I couldn't help but laugh at this story and think the same would probably be true for us.  Luckily I have several friends who have kids B's age that have older siblings, so he's not alone.  He will have at least 2 or 3 friends, which is plenty.  However, until recently, the boys have been pretty good role models (and still for the most part are really good) and I didn't see anything that might make B stand out.  Then last week, this happened.  I went into the liquor store to buy wine for book club I was hosting that evening.  I left LT and B in the car (never would I have done that with LT when he was little!).  I could see them out of the window in the store, and it was just so much easier to not drag two kids into a store filled with expensive glass bottles.  I bought the wine and came out to the car and LT said, "Guess what B?"  To which B replied, "CHICKEN BUTT!"  And I realized this was the beginning of the end of what was going to be taught to little B.  It's pretty funny for us, but I am sure first time parents wouldn't find this funny.  Like my friend said, I don't have time to take him to birthday parties anyway, and he gets lots of other positive things from having two amazing older brothers.  After weeks of trying to get it on video, I finally got this one last week. 

No comments: