Thursday, May 6, 2010

Return to AZ

We went back to Arizona this year in what is starting to become an anual family vacation.

bacon!
LT enjoying some bacon at "The Farm."

rocks and cars
Sure AZ voters just passed some troubling legislation (troubling to most people I know anyway) but I'm not such a principled person as to forfeit non-refundable hotel/airline tickets and my family vacation in a protest that would fall on deaf ears anyway. Besides, we went with the Gallegos and taking a few more "suspicious looking" people down there, if only for a week, is kind of a protest in its own right. Z and LT shown above playing with cars, trucks, buckets and rocks.

goof
LT paying around in the hotel room while I played around with a new lens I got for my camera.

running wild
Z laughing and smiling as he ran, with LT chasing him, down one of the resort's outdoor pathways.

what's for dinner?
What's for dinner? This menu is a little dry...

dinner conversation
The boys waiting on dinner at one of the nicer restaurants at the resort. LT apparently trying to appear sophisticated. I don't even bother with it anymore but he's still young.

signs of water
The sign outside the water park has a little waterfall over it. I think the boys would have played with it forever if we'd let them.

AZ sunset
An Arizona sunset. Unfortunately the weather wasn't as warm for us this year - in the 70's and windy most of the time rather than the 90's like it was last year. The last two days warm up for us but until then LT mostly just wanted to swim in "the hot pool."

chunky monkey
Baby Adler and his chubby cheeks seemed to adapt well to the vacation lifestyle.

morning playtime
Sometimes I'm not sure why we have to fly someplace to play with cars and trucks...

ready for a big night out
Excited for a big night out to celebrate dad's birthday!

watching Max & Ruby
LT must have watched "the muffin" episode of Max & Ruby at least fifteen times on our trip. I brought a bunch of different DVDs but that's all he wanted to see.

gun show
The boys playing in the desert (or the desert like features of the resort) while Z shows off the "Buddha belly gun show."

LT @ Sunset
LT running around excited after dinner one night because he and Z saw a "speed boat airplane" in the parking lot.

the life
I got a new toy - indulge me!

fountain
A little more indulgence.

rather be golfing
LT watching either ducks in the lake or golfers teeing off #1.

fun in the sun
I think this is my favorite shot from the whole trip - LT & Z definitely had fun on what LT calls, "daycation."

OASIS
Playing at the waterfall sign one last time.

3 comments:

Erin Dahlgren said...

Great picturs, you guys! love the artists' touch!

Anne said...

Hi Brian! What lens are you using? The photos turned out amazing!

Brian said...

Thanks! All the shots from AZ were taken with my favorite new toy - the Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5.