Friday, May 7, 2010

Amateur Month

"Blue Steel" Jr.

I've had an on again, off again interest in photography since taking a couple classes in high school and having LT and Adler has given me a renewed interest in the hobby and a good excuse to buy myself some fun toys. Baby Adler (above) is usually a pretty good sport about sitting (maybe 'cause he can't crawl yet?) and letting his dad play pretend photographer.

This month the local coffee shop that LT and now Adler are regulars at, Tenn Street Coffee & Books, is also going to be a good sport and let me play pretend photographer. Like many of the local shops around here, Tenn Street displays and sells art by local artists. This month they are doing a show on travel photography and apparently they've relaxed the requirement that the artists be actual artists because a few of my photos will be hanging on the wall.

If you are in the area this month, stop by Tenn St., support a nice local establishment, and check out some pictures.


Here's my "artist statement" that will, I think, also be on the wall. Click here to see a bigger image.

And this is the flyer for the show.

No comments: