Monday, August 24, 2009

Tenn St. Regular

LT doesn't drink coffee and is only recently starting to like iced tea, but he's a regular at the local coffee shop (Tenn St. Coffee). He probably hits up the place 3-5 times a week, sometimes more. I am not always the one to take him, in fact a few weeks ago, I took him for the first time in a long time. When we walked in, the barista said, "Hi Landon". Then looked at me and said, "are you his mom?" For being a stay at home mom, I felt badly that my kid goes there regularly without me and so we have made more of an effort to walk there together as well. On Sunday, LT took both his parents for a quick coffee before going to the zoo with dad. He rode his bike and, as you can see above, is usually a very happy camper there. This morning, LT and I cleaned the house, did some laundry and various other chores, played for awhile, fixed his stroller and then, as if he knew it was Monday (a usual Tenn St day with my dad), he said, "are we going now?". I said, "going where LT?" "Um, Tenn St? Wide bikes to Tenn St now?" Off we went. Last summer, fall, winter and spring, I took LT occasionally. He was a cheap date, he mostly wanted water, occasional piece of bread, but nothing else. My coffee is relatively cheap black. However, now he points to the treat he wants in the cabinet and is expanding his tastes from simply water with a straw to iced tea. While he still can't quite compete with his buddy Z's expensive food habits (Sushi, shrimp and various other college account breaking foods), LT is stepping up his tastes and "needs" at Tenn St.

No comments: