Friday, July 18, 2008

small things in small holes

LT loves putting small things into little holes (keys into key holes, straws into tops of drinks etc.) I decided yesterday to make him a toy out of a shoe box. I poked holes into it and put some straws that he could put in the holes and take out.


While he put the straws in the holes and took them out over and over again, I decided to make use of the time and bake banana bread. As soon as he heard the mixer, he crawled over to see what the noise was and noticed me taking the beaters out of small holes. He made it very clear that he had to see what I was doing. When I showed him, he instantly noticed there was a hole and something to go in the hole. Another new toy was found!

It is pretty amazing to me that he can get such a small thing into such a small hole, but he does it quite well. LT has some pretty good fine motor skills.

The mixer only entertained him for so long before he combined the two toys. Now everything (regardless of diameter) is a possibility for going into the shoe box.

No comments: