Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Escape the heat for a while

I drove up to Keystone late in the afternoon last Wednesday on my way to a conference for work. I hadn't driven over Loveland Pass in a long time and it was a little harrowing navigating the switchbacks in the heavy rain. However, it was nothing compared to when I used to drive the pass in the dead of winter in my little Volkswagen on the way to A-Basin.


Kari came up to the mountains on Friday after my conference and brought LT and the dogs with her. We stayed with my mom and LT rediscovered some fun toys and activities - in this picture he is *working* on the letters in his name. The letter 'O' is definitely his favorite and I can only assume it's because of all the sponsorship money Big Vowel pours into Sesame Street (even though he doesn't watch it yet).



We took advantage of the cooler weather in the mountains and went for a bike ride (not pictured) and took a nice family hike (excluding Bowen of course).











We've had a few pictures of the boy's team on the blog (here and here) but this may be the first exclusive shot of the girl's team together. I guess that's what happens when you loose the balance of power.





Little mountain man in action!

No comments: