Monday, November 25, 2019

A Busy Week Without Brian

 Brian was in Singapore for the week leading up to Thanksgiving week.  It was a busy one with school events.  Tuesday, A had the"invention convention",  in which all the kids in the 345 classes buddy up and "invent" something.  A invented the "getting dressed 2000" machine with pulleys.  It was one of the more creative inventions (there were lots of plant watering machines, dog fetching machines etc, most of which didn't work well).


 Wednesday was LTs big 6th grade production of "The Tempest".  B's school was cancelled at the last minute, so he got to be my side kick for the morning production.  LT took on a pretty big role and did really well!  Plus, I got to see him in a dress (as is typical with Shakespeare, things don't always make sense.  LT is the kings butler, but later announces himself king, sets out to murder someone but gets distracted by women's dresses etc).  




 As usual, the two little ones slept with me while Brian was gone.  I had to wake them up each day for school and typically found them similar to the photo above.  
 After LT's evening performance I took him out to dinner (just the two of us, the younger two had a sitter).  Thursday evening, Ads had a 2 hour rehearsal for his upcoming voices rock performance.  It was a late rehearsal (and the other two were home with a sitter again because LT had piano).  A requested that we go on a dinner date since LT had had one the night before.  I don't do it enough, but I sure enjoy my one on one dates with my boys.
 We gave Ads friend "movie and dinner" for his birthday gift.  Between all of our schedules, the only time I could make it work was the afternoon Brian was returning home from Singapore.  My parents came over to watch the other two in case Brian's flight was delayed (which it wasn't, so there was only a 30 minute overlap).  I took one for the team by taking these two to see "Playing with Fire" and then to Noodles and Company for dinner.  

And in between the literal running around last week, we did manage to find a few times to play games, snuggle and watch our newest favorite shows "Nailed It!", "the British Baking Show" and a few similar baking/cooking shows.  Oh, and a quick trip to the mountains.

No comments: