Sunday, December 16, 2018

Sans mom

While Kari was away on her 40th birthday/friendaversary trip to Mexico we did our best to maintain some normalcy back at home. I took a couple days off of work to, as Kari calls it, "drive the bus" and make sure everyone made it to the various things they needed to be at. 
I honestly don't know how I'd do as a full time stay at home parent (and tip my hat to those that do it) but I did really enjoy this small taste of it and getting to spend some extra time with the kids. 


Lots of puzzles.

On the way to pick up the big brothers from school and a few hours after confidently telling me, "I don't need a nap today, dadda." 
I had really been looking forward to an early afternoon nap too after an eventful night. But it wasn't meant to be.

Piano practice.

Swim lessions.

An epic 45+ minute meltdown courtesy of day 2 of Mr. "I don't need a nap". 

He finally pulled it together at (and in part thanks to a patient and friendly teller) the Young Americans Bank.

Which was followed by a stop to check in on the progress at the house.


And wrapping up Friday night with a movie night.

A visit to the Museum of Nature & Science to revisit the Mindbender Mansion exhibit and do some puzzle/problem solving for the big guys. And Discovery Zone for the little one (but really for all of us).




Fine dinning.


B just being B.

B just being B at a friend's house.

More puzzles.

Sunday brought snow, which meant bundling up and a quick stop to shovel the walks at the house. 


On our way to visit Baba and see her new house, which was still very much under renovations at the time. And that inspired the tools to come out.

Followed by brunch/lunch nearby. 



And playing in the snow at every opportunity.  

A few days in and Mr. "I don't need a nap" finally acquiesced to the afternoon napping. For which I was grateful.

B is as B does.

Dinner a la dad.

A successful long weekend without mom that I'd like to attribute to quality parenting but is probably just as much due to brotherly love. 

No comments: