Friday, September 1, 2017

Zadar

 My favorite place was probably a small town on the water called Zadar.  It was a random stop and unfortunately we only stayed for one night, but it was definitely a highlight for us all.  
My dad traveled to Europe with my older brother when he was 2 and has told me it was one of the better trips he took because you move so slowly and see all the little things.  I found this to be so true having B along.  I never would have noticed the hole in the chair in the hotel room above.
 A lot of our time was spent just hanging out as a family in the hotel rooms, on walks and eating together.  The boys always loved seeing our new hotel room and exploring it.

 Zadar had the best pizza we had the entire trip.  We all agree.  It was a little restaurant we randomly found across a street from our hotel and we raved about it for the rest of our trip.

 But it also had a beautiful coastline and we walked along a walkway that wrapped around the town.  

I don't do much research before going places, I like to wing it and discover along the way.  In the middle of this long walkway along the water is a huge light/art exhibit.  And further down, built into the wall along the water is an organ that plays when the waves hit it.  Its such a magical sound.  There are also street performers, restaurants and lots and lots of people.




 Our hotel had this quiet patio sunk down under the street level that I suggested we get a drink at after dinner and our walk.  

And this was A's bed.  LT and A shared a room (first time) alone and Brian, B and I were in the room next door.  

No comments: