Friday, August 11, 2017

ENT

 I spent a lot of my childhood at Dr. Cundy's office, our beloved ENT.  I remember the drugstore we would go to after each appointment, which seemed like weekly..., where I would get a special treat.  I remember each and every stuffed animal I got for being brave before each surgery.  I remember the antibiotics, getting my ears drained, and choosing which flavor I got for the laughing gas to put me under.   I saw Dr. Cundy so much that when I ran into him at a wedding a few years ago (20 years after the last time I saw him in his office), he said, "Hi Kari, how is your mom?"  He must have seen thousands and thousands of patients, but he couldn't escape knowing me (and my amazing mom who took me to each and every appointment), unfortunately.  
With 3 (live) children, I figured we would have hit up an ENT long before this week, but somehow we have escaped them until now.   In fact, I think we have only had 2 ear infections total.  Crazy.  I had 2 (at least) before I was 6 months.  B was the first Campbell to see one.  
 After a 2 hour wait, we were treated like kings (and a queen) by this wonderful ENT at Children's.  Luckily, unlike his mom, we are avoiding tubes and things seem to be OK.  Hopefully with some intensive speech therapy (whew, luckily the other two are in school...) he will be speaking in no time. 
They were so good with him, he didn't want to leave.   

No comments: