Wednesday, May 25, 2016

The Ghost Rabbits

Adler's soccer team this spring.

I played rec soccer for many years as a kid. To say that I wasn't very good would be a major exaggeration of my talents. I happened to be on a team that had some legitimately talented players though. In fact, a number of the players from that team would later form the nucleus of an East High School team that won the '95 (I think) state championship. So despite me not being any good, I was on a good team that won a lot of games. And that certainly helped make it fun. Watching Alder play has reminded me of my own time playing. Soccer just doesn't seem to come naturally to him but there are some great little players on his team. So while technically they don't keep score, it's been pretty clear that they've won most, if not all, of their games this spring. Even with the team's success, soccer isn't his favorite thing and this may well be last hurrah with the game.

No comments: