Monday, June 8, 2015

Not just the 25 free

LT had his first swim meet!  At the practice before the meet, I asked his coach what he would be swimming so that I could prepare LT.  She said, "just the 25 meter free".  That seemed like the perfect start to a swim season and thought that when we told him he would be pleased to just have one race.  Instead he asked when he'd be able to swim more.  Brian and I assured him that he would swim more in the coming weeks.  However, late that evening I habitually checked my email before bed and the meet schedule was attached to an email.  I quickly glanced at it and noticed that he not only was in the 25 meter free, but the 25 back, 25 breast and a relay!  He was already asleep for the night, but when we told him the next morning (bright and early), he was proud and excited.   LT surprised us with his natural talent and hard work, but more importantly he is looking forward to another meet and met a few new friends.  

No comments: