Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving '12


We had Thanksgiving at Baba's house in the mountains this year and the boys got to spend some time with both sets of grandparents. LT (with a little help) made decorations and place mats for the table. Appropriately, he also found himself at the head of the table for dinner. Adler, having just been woken up from an unplanned nap, cried though most of dinner.

The boys made ice cream with Grandpa. To be honest, I expected it to be a disaster. But the whole operation went very smoothly, was only a little messy, and the results were fantastic. I was rather fascinated and impressed with the whole thing so took a lot of photos.

I may or may not have helped myself to a late-night bowl of homemade ice cream after everyone was asleep the last couple nights.








Daisy


I brought a bunch of photo gear up with me with the great intention of taking some family photos. I was thinking this might be a good opportunity to get some shots of the boys with their grandparents. But I couldn't convince anyone other than Grandpa's new dog Daisy to come pose in my makeshift studio (and Daisy wasn't exactly an easy subject). Not even LT would sit for photos and he usually likes to show off for the camera. 

Of course LT changed his tune and demanded that I take some pictures of him after I tore down most of the gear.

A family viewing of a few episodes Curious George preceded the big dinner.


As did a little nap. Adler fell asleep face down in couch with his little butt in the air. And Grandpa fell asleep next to him not long after.

Bowen and Daisy hit it off pretty well. Although Bo's advanced age becomes all the more obvious in contrast to a young dog like Daisy. 

 The old man held his own plying with the young pup but it wore him out for sure.

No comments: