Friday, July 1, 2011

Strawberries!

My dad and I took the boys to the Berry Patch last week for one of the last strawberry picking days until late summer. They were both having the time of their lives picking and eating strawberries. At one point I heard my dad ask Adler to put the strawberry in the basket and Adler looked at him and said, "NO EAT!" And he did, and many many more. They were hard not to eat, so yummy! The boys filled 8 cartons. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them all, but I couldn't pull them away from the happiness it brought.
When we got home, we ate a carton and then LT and I made a strawberry rhubarb pie. The funniest part of the whole day was LT delivering a basket of strawberries to each neighbor, in his underwear. The strawberries were gone 24 hours after picking them.

No comments: