Saturday, February 28, 2009

Amateur hour downtown

Kari has a full day at work today and that means LT is on his own with me. I decided to take LT to meet some friends at the big downtown library. I packed up a bunch of snacks, diapers, wipes, water, a few toys, a camera, his vest and a hat and hit the road. I decided to park at the DAC so I could get some coffee and wouldn't have to worry about the one hour meters near the library. I was also going to have LT walk some of the few blocks between the DAC and the library because that usually helps tire him out for a good nap. However, we parked the care and I took LT out and was in the act of putting him down to walk when...

I realized I had forgotten to bring shoes. So much for having him walk and carrying him and coffee didn't work out all that well either. When we finally got to the libaray, I think the first words out of (father of three) Craig's mouth when he saw us was, "amateur." He did have a pretty good point.

LT didn't mind being shoeless and had a great time running around in the puppet room at the library. The room is nice because it's almost always empty and you can close it off and let the little ones go crazy. At least that's what we thought until one of them figured out how to unlock the door...

and we had a miniature jailbreak on our hands as all five kids descended on the library (notice LT still clutching the cushion he was putting the 'baby' puppets night nights on just before the escape).

After terrorizing the library we decided to hit a nearby cafe and LT got to ride in the front seat of the Wu's double stroller (Sofi has the same stroller and LT loves the front seat on it too).

LT was having some crackers but when Altaira offered him a piece of one of her girl's cookies he didn't even finish the bite he was eating - he just spit the half chewed cracker right on the floor and started in on the cookie. I guess I can't really fault his manners because I probably would have done the same thing.

If you ignore Peter, what you've got here is a picture LT hanging out with three older women. That's my boy!

Even though I've been putting LT to sleep at night now for several weeks, I don't do nap time with him and was a little worried about it. Kari had diligently prepped me with the whole routine of eating lunch while watching "Elmo and Do-do"* before going upstairs to read a few books and rock to sleep. But it turns out I didn't need any of it because the little man crashed about two minutes into the drive home.



* LT loves to watch Sesame Street and he calls it "Elmo and Do-do" for his two favorite characters, Elmo and Big Bird.

No comments: