Monday, June 25, 2007

Bird Attack


But perhaps "Bird Attacked" would be a more appropriate title.

Right as we were sitting down to dinner Kari started yelling, "ahhhh, they're attacking a bird! They're attacking a bird!" I look outside to see a frenzy of brown and white as our dogs chased a little bird around the little side yard. I opened the door and went out to try and stop them but sure enough the bird decided to come on inside in an attempt to escape his would be killers. I cannot possibly do justice to Kari's reaction at this point but it's safe to say it was neither calm or quiet.

Against all odds (and after some struggles) we managed to get the dogs locked away and coax the bird out of the front door.

I was worried that the bird was badly hurt but it flew away as I was trying to take a picture of it to post here so I guess/hope that it's alright.
So, instead of a bird picture I'll include one Kari took of Bowen for contrast - not much of a hunter is he?

Throughout the whole messy affair Landon just sat and contently sucked on his little nuk.

No comments: