Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Tucson- Part 2

I grew up going to my dad's parents house for Christmas every year.  We had a huge gathering of my dad and his 3 brothers and all of their kids (and many other friends and extended family).  My grandma cooked huge meals and the kids played.  After my grandma died, its been tough to get everyone together in the same way.  
While we weren't all there, this Thanksgiving was the first time it felt like the big gatherings I grew up with.  
And as in typical Imig fashion, we started Thanksgiving running the Turkey Trot (the full 5K).



Our family rented an airbnb across the street from my cousin, which turned out to be useful in many ways, but especially with kitchen space.  My parents and Ads prepped some traditional dishes for our family.
My cousin made some incredible vegetarian meals (many of us are vegetarian).



These two are just 6 months apart and buddies.  We somehow came home with "Tony" (a sourdough starter that our cousin showed Ads how to feed and care for.)

My dad's older brother didn't join us, but his wife did!
And my dad's youngest brother and my aunt.




We also did an escape room together which was really fun and we escaped!
 

No comments: