Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Big Performance


Kari and Ads did choir this fall with a group called Voices Rock. The separate practices every week and sometimes additional special rehearsals have added to the already busy family logistics. But it's a great community group with lots of friends and they both really enjoyed doing it  (I think). Things culminated last night with over 900 people in attendance at a sold out performance at DU's Newman Center. The kids performed first followed by the adults and they did one song all together for the grand finale. I'm no music critic but I thought it was a great show and was especially impressed by my wife and middle kiddo. Here are a few photos and short video clips taken from the seats that LT, B and I arrived early to grab at the front of the mezzanine. B did pretty well considering the show was a bit on the long and late side for a 4 year old. He clapped and even sang along to some of the songs. I don't know what happened but I somehow lost the best video I had, which showed him singing along while the adult choir performed Dear Theodosia from Hamilton.  He fell asleep in his chair during the very last song. 
















No comments: