Friday, December 25, 2015

Hotel Adler


I'm pretty lucky that my work takes me to some interesting places and one of my favorite things to do when I travel is take my camera with me on long walks around whatever city I'm in.

I was in Germany last week and I knew I'd be spending most of my time with some other nerds in a small conference room at the huge Deutsche Telekom facility in Darmstadt, which was good from a work perspective but not so much from the getting to see interesting places perspective. I had to go though Frankfurt anyway and I decided to spend the first night there and take an early train to Darmstadt the next morning for my meetings. I knew I was done looking when the Hotel Adler, a budget hotel with good reviews right next to the train station, popped up while searching for a place to stay in Frankfurt. It was a far cry from the Ritz-Carlton or even a Holiday Inn for that matter but it suited me just fine for one night in Frankfurt. I got out for a walk along the river to take this picture of the city skyline and this one of a bridge over the Main. And, while admittedly a bit silly, it was still kind of fun to stay in a place that shares its name with our middle boy.


No comments: