Friday, September 11, 2015

A special 6th birthday

I can't believe this little guy turned 6 today!  We had a special breakfast and then headed off to school.  When I asked him what he wanted to do on his birthday, he said, "mommy, you can come have lunch with me, bring a treat to my class, bring a treat to soccer and then have dinner (make your own burritos)."  We are making all that happen.  


Thursdays are pizza day at their school so I went and joined them.  These two are just too cute. 

I stayed for recess and he showed me his favorite game, "gaga" outside and then swung on the hammock with two of his best buds.
He requested that I also come back and bring a treat for his class, which I was happy to do, but had no idea what an amazing and adorable tradition of  celebrating birthdays his new class has.  They start off by reading a birthday blessing to the child, then sing happy birthday, he got to choose a bracelet and lucky marble out of a jar, blow out a real candle and then choose 2 kids to pass out the treats.  Then, one by one, he calls each kid up and they look him in the eye and say Happy Birthday and give him either a high five or hug before getting their treat (popsicles).
After school, we all went to soccer (Brian took great pictures to be posted later) and had a little birthday celebration there as well.  I wrapped up the treats so parents could give them to the kids after dinner since soccer ends at 5:30 :)


The day was extra special because my uncle was in town and staying at my parents house.  Adler requested a make your own burrito night, and my mom so kindly made all kinds of yummy fixings for everyone.  Steve and Wes were able to join us too!  She ordered our family's favorite spring fling cake from the Market and we had that for dessert.

His actual birth day is over, but he still has his party this Sunday and a family celebration at White Fence Farm.  This kid knows how to make his birthday last!

No comments: