Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Hypothesis on how reindeer fly

The boys and I needed to do a lot of errands today and spent some time in the car.  At one point Adler asked me how reindeer fly.  I learned long ago when I was teaching preschool to throw the question back onto them if you don't have a good answer.  I replied, "What do you think?"  They laughed and talked for a bit and then I heard them collaboratively come up with a theory.  Here it is:
Adler:  "My hypothesis (I like to make hypothesises like buddy from dino train mommy) is that Santa's best friend is nocturnal."
Landon: "Yea!  And he drives a truck with big fans on the top that blow the reindeer and allow them to fly"
Adler: "Yea, and since there are so many more kids now, there are probably a lot of Santas who all have friends that drive trucks"
Landon: "Adler, there is only one santa, you mean ELVES!"
Adler: "Oh, yea, Elves, there are probably a lot of elves that drive trucks and blow the reindeer up in the air to fly around."
They were completely serious and, mostly, agreed on this imaginative hypothesis.

No comments: