Saturday, June 29, 2013

It's Been a Long, Long Time

I haven't written anything here for quite a while and a lot has happened over the last couple months.


Llao Llao Hotel


I've been at my job for a long time (in this day and age anyway) and as a reward for nine years of tenure, my company offers a sabbatical. So I had all of April off of work and Kari and I spent some of that time in Argentina while Baba, Grandma and Papa teamed up to take care of the boys. It was a great trip and I've been meaning to write something about it but I haven't gotten to it. Hopefully soon but, in the meantime, I did post some photos from the trip though including the one above.


We also moved into a new house a few weeks ago. The boys were somewhat helpful in the move. Somewhat. Like carrying a small toy tub and one stuffed animal. They sure were cute though.






LT turned six years old. We had a party with his friends at Homedepot. It was really fun but was the same weekend as our move, which was a little overwhelming. I got a few photos before my camera battery ran out and, like an amateur, I didn't bring my spare. Posting some of those is on my todo list that never seems to get done. But maybe. We also did his family birthday dinner at White Fence Farm and I kind of liked this pic of him on one of the tractors there.






LT decided that he wants to be called Landon rather than LT. Honestly, it made a little sad and I've had a hard time adjusting to it. I kept using LT so one morning he made this helpful sign to help me remember.

Since then he's gotten somewhat less determined about just being called Landon and we seem to be using both his 'big name' and his 'little name' interchangeably. I'm still pretty attached to LT but will try and use what he prefers. I guess time will tell if one wins out over the other.



We also took a trip to California to meet up with Papa and Grandma on their big road trip and got to visit Seaworld, Disney and uncle John's house. I've got some photos from that trip too and posting some of them is on my todo list but I haven't gotten to it yet (there's a theme emerging here). Traveling is getting easier as the boys get older and they even carried or pulled the bags (Landon shown here but Adler often pulled a big bag too).


No comments: