Sunday, May 1, 2011

Misc.

Last weekend we were in Estes Park for a friends wedding. I have only seen two other moose in my life. Once cross country skiing in Winter Park, I rounded a bend and was head on with a male. The second time was in Alaska as I was running a marathon. An enormous moose was sitting on the side of the trail. This siting was less adventurous on my part, but nonetheless exciting to see a moose wandering through a parking lot.
I will be the first to admit that we are terrible when it comes to cutting our kids hair. They don't like it, Bri and I are busy and when we think about doing it, the boys are sleeping or too tired. But, apparently, Adler needs a haircut. His hair was sticking up 3 or 4 inches the other day when he woke up from a nap.

We were in Estes Park for Easter morning. However, that didn't stop my little baking partner from wanting to make an easter pie when we got home. This one was blackberry/peach!
We even carved a bunny in it. I remember baking with my dad as a child. I hope LT has the same fond memories of baking with me when he gets older. It sure seems to be something we both enjoy right now doing together.
LT reminded me the other day that we needed to cut the grass. I can't believe how much stronger he is now than last summer. He can help push it, but probably his favorite part is cleaning out the grass after we are done.
Adler and his buddy Holden on a teeter totter at Sloans Lake.
On Thursday, I was lucky enough to be able to go to LTs "big school" with him. My mom kindly watched Adler so that I could just help and have fun with LT. In the water table, they had water wheels. LT and the other kids could have played all day in there.

When I ask LT each day who he played with at school, often his answer is (in a very sweet, high pitched voice), "Winter". I knew who Winter was, but had never really seen them play together. On Thursday, I got to witness why he loves playing with her so much. They have the same sense of goofy humor and silly game ideas. They listen to each other and take each others ideas and feelings into account. I still don't understand the games they were playing together, but it couldn't have been any cuter watching them. Most of the kids in his class are going to Kindergarten next year, but I am so happy to know that his two best friends in the class, Tino and Winter, will be in the class again next year.
We went out to dinner on Thursday night at Billy's Inn. The kids meals come with ice cream afterwards. The waiter or waitresses are always very considerate and ask us very quietly after the meal if the kids can have their ice cream. Often, we don't let them have it, but on Thursday, we let them. Adler loved every last drop of his. He probably tipped the bowl up to his mouth 10 times after it was all gone.
Adler read himself to sleep on Friday in the stroller.
Our neighbor and good friend, Diane, has a great yard. For a few years we have been talking about building a raised bed and doing some gardening in her yard. This year, we finally got organized enough to build the beds (LT did a lot of it!). Friday morning the dirt was delivered. Wow, watching the eyes on two young boys as a huge dump truck unloaded an enormous pile of dirt was priceless.

No comments: